Campaign Preparation Services
Major gifts strategy is a hallmark of our approach to fundraising. Since more than 90 percent of dollars typically come from 10 percent of donors, MMS Advancement Associates LLC has focused on major gift development for many years. Fundraising campaign preparation should begin one to two years prior to the launch of a planning study and major fundraising campaign. During this preparation phase, we help you build a strong foundation for your campaign and identify and cultivate major gift donors and volunteer prospects.
“Their expert counsel and guidance through our capital campaign process has been the single most important factor in our success. The value of the systems they have helped us to put in place will shape our organization for the better for many years to come.”
Patrick Mulcahy, Producing Artistic Director
Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival
Fundraising Campaign Preparation Process
During the fundraising campaign preparation phase, we ensure that key prerequisites for success are in place prior to beginning the fundraising campaign. We will:
- Identify potential major gift donors and campaign volunteers through research, qualification and cultivation activities;
- Develop campaign leadership by educating board members about fundraising principles and practices, and supporting and expanding the role of your board’s Development Committee;
- Strengthen internal systems for fundraising recordkeeping, gift and pledge tracking, reporting and analysis, and relationship and solicitation management;
- Evaluate staff readiness to ensure your team can successfully prepare for and implement a capital campaign as well as ongoing fundraising programs;
- Create preliminary written materials including a memorable case for support.
Through careful preparation, your organization is positioned to undertake a targeted and effective feasibility study and to move forward quickly into the quiet phase of your capital campaign. Your organization will have a pool of qualified major gift prospects, engaged board members, a process to ensure a successful campaign and written materials that succinctly make your case for support.
When a capital campaign is in your organization’s future, turn to MMS Advancement Associates LLC to ensure a strong foundation for your fundraising efforts. Contact us today for a free consultation.